One-day workshop on
“PV Standards - from Materials and Manufacturing to Systems”
In Association with
IEEE Standards Association
International Electrotechnical Commission
August 2, Friday, 0930 – 1700
Co-located at SOLARCON India 2013
Workshop Sponsored by
PV standards are a topic of great interest and relevance, especially with rapid growth in installations, in India, and with components being sourced from across the world. There is direct interest among installers, end users and developers in quality, reliability and performance standards, best practices for reliable installations, component benchmarks and field-performance indicators.
This workshop will provide you the latest updates from leading standards bodies, practicing industry professionals and testing/certification agencies on the most relevant aspects of standards for PV.
There will also be discussion of global manufacturing standards development activities, standards needs specific to India and the need for greater participation by Indian manufacturers in standards development activity.
The workshop is suitable for PV manufacturing industry professionals, PV system integrators, PV plant developers, EPC organizations and others involved in the design and deployment of solar PV solutions.
- 0930-1000 Standards in PV - Needs, overview, introduction
- 1000-1030 PV Standards Status: Modules, Power Electronics and BoS
- Dr. O.S. Sastry, Solar Energy Center, Gurgaon
- 1115-1200 IEEE Standards Related Activities for Smart Grid and Renewables
- 1200-1245 Standards based Conformity Assessment
- 1400 – 1445 PV Best Practices - Safety, Reliability & Performance
- 1515 - 1600 IEC Standards in the Field of PV and Other Renewable Energies
- 1630 – 1645 SEMI Manufacturing Standards in PV: Update and Status
– 1730 Open discussion -"How to represent India in Global PV Standards Programs"
- Moderated by Dr. Satyendra Kumar, CTO Lanco Solar & SEMI